Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thanksgiving Dreaming (Carolina Bloggers Link Up)


I made a Pinterest board this weekend for The Frisky's Pin it to Win it! Bitchin' In the Kitchen Pinterest Contest and it got me thinking about Thanksgiving. Brian and I are spending the holiday with my parents and having our own Thanksgiving the day after. It will just be the two of us. We'll probably only have a small ham.

We don't have the room to host Thanksgiving yet but I love daydreaming about what it will be like when we do. This is what I dreamed up this year...

The table would be set like the picture to the left. It's rustic with a fun edge. I could decorate with a mixed succulent wreath and birch candles. I love the table runner in the picture and the fall flower centerpiece.

Drink option would be seasonal--of course! Hot Toddys or Spiced Apple Cider Sangria and Homemade Apple Cider for the non-drinkers like me. The menu is traditional with a twist. My family always has turkey and ham. And you can't forget the pumpkin pie! This is the menu I came up with for my fantasy Thanksgiving:

Check out my Pinterest board for images of all the yummy food!


No comments:

Post a Comment